Monday, September 6, 2010

September 6th, DAY 6

Okay, I know today was going to be another special day... this dinner was supposed to happen in August but due to a few scheduling conflicts it had to be in September (aka, clash with paleo again). Not wanting to look like a bad host, I didn't want to eat nothing... so I partook in the meal, which was delicious!

Morning was comprised of a smoothie that had 1 grapefruit, 2 bananas and a handful of strawberries. I also ate like a small square of 70% dark chocolate.

The non-paleo dinner was the following:

Squab (aka pigeon)... so greasy and finger-licking good! I couldn't help myself and took a bite before taking a picture.


Winter melon soup (ingredients: crab meat, mushrooms, chicken, bits of bbq pork, etc... all steamed in a giant winter-melon for the entire day)


Here's a close up of the winter melon soup... the bits of melon can be scraped out to eat... so delicious!


Sauteed pea-tips with garlic


Egg plant hot pot (spicy)


Mmmm, crab - steamed with minced garlic, wine and butter?


Sweet and sour filet mignon cooked chinese style with onion


Here's a classic Jane favourite... steamed pork with salted fish (high in sodium but delicious with white rice!)


Sauteed fish with veggies


More braised fish with bak-choy


Lastly for dessert was red bean soup with red rice and coconut cookies x 3


So 2 hours after getting home I open the fridge to eat another HUGE coleslaw salad with chicken... there may or may not have been bits of old pizza on it hehehe.

Oh, and also a peach and small square of chocolate. Did I say that paleo was out the window AGAIN for today? hahaha. I am so losing this challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment