Wednesday, September 22, 2010

September 22nd, DAY 22

Sooooo, I finally broke up with my boyfriend of 4 years... yikes, long time. I need time for myself for the next few days. Paleo will be out the window until this weekend.

After doing the WOD, I wandered off to Vancouver for some random but delicious food!

Letsee, for lunch I had the following:
- Bread with olive oil and vinegar to dip

- Bocconcini salad with BUFFALO CHEEEEEESE - ohmygawd, delicious!! I need to find this vinegar glaze to use for my own cooking because it is so thick, sweet and marvelous!

- Minestrone soup with tons of beans!
- x1 chocolate cookie!

Later on I wandered over to Commercial Drive and treated myself to a Malt drink and a cream horn from an Italian bakery

-----------------------

Moving on! Dinner time was dinner out at Viva City for the Mid-Autumn Festival! Mooncakes and lanterns!

To start off, I brought a bottle of Barolo wine - highly recommended if you like dry red wine!

And like every traditional Cantonese meal, we had traditional soup to start... today's special was fish soup with roots and pork meat

The next cold appetizer was spicy BBQ pork, cucumbers and those fried little numbers were DEEP FRIED MILK balls! You have to dip it in sugar and mmmmmm, yummy!

Next on the menu was deep fried chicken (chinese style) with dragon puff chips

- PEKING DUCK on the menu! So for those of you unfamiliar with this dish, it's basically duck cooked in two servings...

For the first, it's duck skin wrapped in flour wraps served with the below chive and special sauce


(duck skin)

(flour wrap)

The result of it all together!

Sweet and sour filet mignon with onions, Chinese style


So what happens to the rest of the peking duck... well it gets converted to this little kick ass number... peking duck wrapped in lettuce!

Yes!

This dish was steamed soy sauce tilapia! Notice how the fish is being cut up? In Chinese culture, we never flip the fish... it's bad luck (almost like flipping a boat over)

The veggie dish was beancurd with sauteed pea tips! (my favourite chinese veggie)

Dessert = coconut cookies and in the middle, those were "smiling" sesame cookies

Aaaaand traditional red bean soup


Dear paleo... see how delicious real food is? I enjoyed this meal. HAHAHA

No comments:

Post a Comment